It's Halloween ! Great !
At home, we have a tradition : no Halloween without a good witch soup.
What ? Who said : soup isn't good ? Obviously, it's not good, it's... delicious. And the recipe I'm going to give you is... frightttttfullllllly delicious !
It's the soup of Pumpzucchinut the terrible witch.
Caution : Do not forget we aren't allowed to cook alone ! An adult must stay with us. See Instructions.
Pumpzucchinut's soup :
- 1 "potimarron" in French, it's a special pumpkin :
- 1 onion
- 5 medium potatoes
- 2 zucchinis
- 2,5 to 3 liters of water
- 1 pot of 10cl of fresh cream
- chestnuts cooked on wood fire
- 200 grams bacon matches
- salt and pepper
- Wash the special pumpkin, peel it and cut it in two pieces. Then, remove all fibers and seeds in the center.
- Cut the pumpkin in pieces.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut each of them in 6 pieces.
- Wash the zucchinis, remove extremities and cut them in big slices.
- In a pressure cooker, fry the onion in slices in some oil.
- Add the pieces of pumpkin, potatoes and zucchinis.
- Add a little spoon of salt and some pepper.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 15 minutes from the time the pressure cooker begins to whistle.
- When it's finished, blend the soup.
- In a stove, fry the bacon. Then, put it in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, pour the fresh cream.
- Cook the chestnuts on wood fire. When they are cold, peel them and put them in another small bowl.
If you can't cook the chestnuts on wood fire, substitute them by mushrooms of Paris in slices. Fry them in a stove with some oil. In this case, it's the soup of Pumpzucchiroom the terrible witch, Pumpzucchinut's sister ;-)
- In the evening, serve the hot soup in each soup plate with a little spoon of cream, some broken chestnuts and bacon... You'll tell me the news !
Happy Halloween, my friends !
PS: you can also read again the posts of last year :