Special Halloween - Step 3 - The dessert
No, no, no ! The step 3 isn't the "soup of the witch and her magic broom". This preparation will be done after.
For the moment, we have to prepare the dessert : "Fondant spider and its crunchy legs". It won't be long, but it will have to rest in the refrigerator during several hours (4 at least).
Caution : Do not forget we aren't allowed to cook alone ! An adult must stay with us. See Instructions.
Fondant spider with its crunchy legs :
This is in reality small jars full of chocolate mousse in which six legs and one head in sugared and baked flaky pastry are planted.
For this recipe, we need :
- 200 gr of cooking chocolate
- 6 very fresh eggs
- the rest of the two flaky pastries used for the sausages preparation
- icing sugar
- 1 yolk egg
1. In two bowls, separate egg whites of the yolks.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff.
3. Melt the pieces of chocolate with four soup spoons of water by microwave (low power) during one minute. Mix. Start again during thirty seconds if the chocolate isn't enough melted.
4. Mix egg yolks.
5. Mix quickly the chocolate with the egg yolks.
6. Add gradually egg whites with the chocolate and egg yolks mixed.
7. Fill six small jars and let the rest in the bowl.
8. Cover the small jars and the bowl with clingfilm. Put them in the refrigerator.
9. Turn on the oven at 180°C.
10. Take the rest of the two flasky pastries and cut forms like spider legs and heads. Have fun !
11. Put them on a baking sheet lightly buttered.
12. With a special cooking brush, paint each piece with a beaten egg yolk with a little bit water.
13. Sprinkle icing sugar on all the pieces.
14. Put in the oven during fifteen or twenty minutes.
15. Take them out and reserve them for the dessert. When the moment arrives, you will plant them in the different small jars of chocolate mousse.
And here we are ! Just another step and it's finished : the "Soup of the witch and her magic broom" !