Cake recipe for my birthday tomorrow
Yeah ! Tomorrow, I'll celebrate my birthday !
We will party as soon as I'll return from school. Mom has ever thought about a good dinner with all I like.
But I am the one who prepare the birthday cake. Simple to cook, but very good ;-)
You have to prepare it the day before. So I start immediatly...
Séraphine's birthday cake
For the cake :
- 1 yoghurt pot or 1 glass of milk
- 3 pots of flour or 3 glasses
- 2 pots of sugar or 2 glasses
- 2/3 of a pot of oil or 2/3 of a glass
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- A few drops of orange extract or 1 capful of rum
- Turn the oven to 180° Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, flour, sugar, oil, baking powder, vanilla sugar and eggs.
- Add the orange extract or the capful of rum.
- Butter the cake pan.
- Put the cake batter in the cake pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- When the cake is cooked, put it in a dish until the day after.
For the chocolate mousse :
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 5 very fresh eggs
- Separate the whites and the yolks eggs into two bowls.
- Beat the whites eggs until stiff with a little pinch of salt.
- Put in a glass bowl 3 tablespoons of water and the chocolate in squares.
- In the microwave, at low power, melt the chocolate for 1 minute. Do it again for 30 seconds if necessary.
- Beat with a fork the yolks eggs in another bowl. Then mix quickly the melted chocolate.
- Add to this mixture the whites eggs beaten until stiff.
- Cover with a clingfilm and put the chocolate mousse in the refrigerator.
The day after :
- Cut the cake in two disks.
- Cover the disk below with the chocolate mousse. Then, put the disk above on the top.
- Decorate with icing sugar, vermicelli in chocolate and all you want.
- Put the candles on the cake and it's ready !
I put my apron now and go !
Don't forget I never cook alone ! Great-auntie Bertille is always with me ;-)