Special Halloween - Step 2 - The aperitif
Halloween is arrived, we need an aperitif ! An aperitif yes, but abominable of course ;-)
So, here are the "gnomes' fingers" recipe and "bloodthirsty juice" for the occasion...
Caution : Do not forget we aren't allowed to cook alone ! An adult must stay with us. See Instructions.
Gnomes' fingers :
This is in reality little sausages rolled up in a flaky pastry baked in the oven :-)
- 2 discs of flaky pastry "all butter"
- 1 package of 10 knacki sausages
- 1 egg yolk
1. Turn on your oven at 180°C.
2. Spread the discs of flaky pastry and cut the edges to obtain a big rectangle. Keep the edges for the dessert recipe.
3. Roll up one and half sausage in the flaky pastry. Then, cut the dough.
4. With a special cooking brush, paint with water the lower edge of the strip of flaky pastry.
5. Stick the edges of the flaky pastry. Repeat the operation until the end of the two flaky pastries.
6. Cut each cylinder in six equal pieces, more or less.
7. Put them on a lightly buttered baking sheet.
8. With a special cooking brush, paint each piece with a beaten yolk egg with a little bit water.
9. Put in the oven during 20 minutes.
10. Take them out. Let them cool. Put them in a dish covered with clingfilm.
11. When you are ready for the aperitif, put them in the oven (at 180°C) during 5 minutes, after having removed the clingfilm of course.
Bloodthirsty juice :
- one bottle of orange juice
- grenadine syrup
1. Take two soup plates. Put water in the first and powdered sugar in the second.
2. Take a glass and plunge it back to front into the water and into the sugar after. Do the same with the other glasses.
3. Pour in each glass a dose of grenadine syrup.
4. Then, pour the orange juice.
Next soon !