Clafoutis is a cake with cherries covered with a kind of custard.
It's an old dessert from the Limousin. That is to say it was born in the Limoges region.
Clafoutis is a masculine name which would mean in old patois (regional dialect) "fix with nails". It always takes a "s" at the end, even if we are just talking about one clafoutis. But, the "s" is silent. We don't hear it when we say "Clafoutis".
Some people also say "Milliard" ou "Millard" to talk about it in the center of France.
We prepare it with flour, sugar, eggs, milk, a little bit of butter and cherries of course.
Today, we also cook it with other fruits like apples, pears, apricots, raspberries...
I prefer the traditional clafoutis. Anyway, it's always a treat !
Here is a new recipe about a salt snack : Cake with ham cheese and olives.
To taste when you want !
For me, it's a delight ;-)
Brrr... For several days, it's cold outside, my friends !
We all had to put coats, hats and gloves. And in the morning, when we breath, it's smoke. It's fun.
Yes, this is nice. What is not so nice : colds, ear infections and tonsillitis. But against that, do not worry, we have an infallible weapon... The fresh fruit salad. What ?! It is true.
Image from : WIKIMEDIA COMMONS
The fresh fruit salad is very easy to do and most importantly, full of vitamins to fight against little diseases of Winter. And no question of being sick for Christmas. Then, all in your fruits basket, my friends !
If you're interested in, here's the fresh fruit salad prepare for myself regularly. But you can do whatever you want. Let your creativity speak ;-)
More than ever, we need a comforting snack. Therefore, I propose you my recipe of Biscuits of Autumn you could eat with, for examples, a cup of hot milk or chocolate milk.
Click this link to discover my recipe of Biscuits of Autumn.
Remember to choose a book to read this afternoon.
Soon, my friends !
It's Halloween ! Great !
At home, we have a tradition : no Halloween without a good witch soup.
What ? Who said : soup isn't good ? Obviously, it's not good, it's... delicious. And the recipe I'm going to give you is... frightttttfullllllly delicious !
It's the soup of Pumpzucchinut the terrible witch.
Caution : Do not forget we aren't allowed to cook alone ! An adult must stay with us. See Instructions.
Pumpzucchinut's soup :
- 1 "potimarron" in French, it's a special pumpkin :
- 1 onion
- 5 medium potatoes
- 2 zucchinis
- 2,5 to 3 liters of water
- 1 pot of 10cl of fresh cream
- chestnuts cooked on wood fire
- 200 grams bacon matches
- salt and pepper
- Wash the special pumpkin, peel it and cut it in two pieces. Then, remove all fibers and seeds in the center.
- Cut the pumpkin in pieces.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut each of them in 6 pieces.
- Wash the zucchinis, remove extremities and cut them in big slices.
- In a pressure cooker, fry the onion in slices in some oil.
- Add the pieces of pumpkin, potatoes and zucchinis.
- Add a little spoon of salt and some pepper.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 15 minutes from the time the pressure cooker begins to whistle.
- When it's finished, blend the soup.
- In a stove, fry the bacon. Then, put it in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, pour the fresh cream.
- Cook the chestnuts on wood fire. When they are cold, peel them and put them in another small bowl.
If you can't cook the chestnuts on wood fire, substitute them by mushrooms of Paris in slices. Fry them in a stove with some oil. In this case, it's the soup of Pumpzucchiroom the terrible witch, Pumpzucchinut's sister ;-)
- In the evening, serve the hot soup in each soup plate with a little spoon of cream, some broken chestnuts and bacon... You'll tell me the news !
Happy Halloween, my friends !
PS: you can also read again the posts of last year :